Saturday, April 14, 2012

I've actually done something creative!!

Well I'm beginning to feel a bit more comfortable in my new job but am still totally exhausted every day!  Mentally exhausted from trying to remember everything. Because of this I tend to come home from work, cook the tea and then sit in the lounge chair in a vegetative state looking at all the colours on the television. I have no energy to do anything let alone be creative at the moment.

Having said that, I was so excited about having a scrapping day with my Mum over the four day Easter break.

We had a lovely day of chatting, laughing and scrapping and I actually got a few layouts completed, a couple of pages in my Art Journal, as well as some cards that I will give to a good cause when I get a few more completed.

It's been raining here on and off all day and I was planning to sew, but instead I have been curled up on the couch, catching up with a friend, enjoying a good old laugh and chat.

So...............tomorrow, I will be sewing! I am hoping to have a quilt finished for my youngest son who will be turning 13 in July. I have chosen the fabrics and started doing all the cutting so, tomorrow, I am hoping to start sewing it together.  Fingers crossed that all goes to plan.

Well I'm going to call it a day and head to bed but before I do, I wanted to share some of the layouts I did over the Easter break.

Katey and mum

On this page I have used some paper doilies as masks, sprayed the whole page with Glimmer Mist.


Then, using an eye dropper, I randomly dropped several different colours of 'mists' from the top of the page.  I tried to replicate the graffiti wall that Katey and I were standing in front of.  This page is very different to what I would normally do but I am extremely happy with the outcome just the same.

Matty


This page I have used Glimmer Mist again by lightly misting the entire base page and then dripping some 'splotches' onto the page.  I wasn't overly happy with the way that looked as I thought they looked too much like paint 'splotches' so while the mist was still wet, I poked holes through them from the back of the page to make them look a little bit more like water drops.  Then I layered another colour of blue cardstock to the back to make it look like the colour of the water in the spa. 

Washi tape


This is one of the Art Journal pages that I completed.  I started it in March and have only just got back to it to finish it. It was inspired by the amazing Donna Downey. If you haven't already done so, please go and check out her blog.  She is one amazingly talented lady.  I love this page and I LOOOOOOVE washi tape! I have been buying my washi tape from Sawyers Place.

Just for a few laughs, I bought mum and I some bunny ears (it was Easter after all and we had to get in to the spirit of things).  We wore them all day!!

Bunny ears

Hahahahahaha!

Till next time, keep creating,

SUE

No comments:

Post a Comment