Sunday, June 19, 2011

Scrapbooking and Papercraft Expo

Last weekend I attended the Scrapbooking and Papercraft Expo in Brisbane.  OMG, So many talented people!!!!!


I was a bit under the weather and not as enthusiastic as I would normally be but I still managed to take quite a bit in.


One idea that really took my interest was the Zentangle® stand.  Kass Hall - artist/writer/photographer and Certified Zentangle® teacher gave us a run down on what, how and when.  I had never heard of it before but the amazing drawings really took my eye and the best part is that all you need is an art pad and a permanent fine nib pen and you are ready to go anywhere!


I ordered a starters kit (they sold out on the second morning) but I couldn't stop thinking about it and decided to give it a go myself.  It is basically repetitive doodling (that is my interpretation of it anyway). It's certainly not hard and anyone could give it a go but you do still need to try and think up different doodles.  I can't wait to get my kit!


This is my first attempt.  The Zentangles that I have seen have all been on a white or cream background with the black pen.  This is really striking but I love to have a bit of colour and decided to spray (glimmermist) and ink my background and go from there.


Now I am addicted!!!!!!!


041


043


One word of warning though.  Out of pure laziness, I couldn't be bothered to get up from my warm spot on the couch to get my permanent pen so just used my Nikko fine point, on my next project. Not a good move because a drop of water from my drink fell onto my page and it ran everywhere.  I guess that is why they say to use the permanent  pen.  Oh well, you live and learn.


Till next time, Keep creating,


Sue



1 comment:

  1. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog Sue - I'm so glad I have found my way to YOUR blog - what a fantastic first tangle!! I use glimmermist on my work all the time, I think they add something special!! Thanks again - I'll have your kit sent up the day it arrives!!
    Kass x

    ReplyDelete