Friday, June 17, 2011

Surely not??????????????

I can't belive it was April when I last blogged. Sheesh!  Where did that time go? I guess between work, family, sick kids and then all the normal 'happenings' in life, time just gets away.


I was recently part of a 'doll swap', organised by the incredibly talented Linda 'Grungey' Baldock (http://atclindab.blogspot.com/).


You are probably thinking whilst looking at these photos - "That's not a doll!" Well, you would be right there! But I guess it is my 'artistic' version of one?


The rules for the swap were in part - "Create a unique piece and send directly to your nominated partner. No restrictions on size, medium, structure, etc...create a piece that reflects yourself as an artist...share a little piece of what makes you smile. Remember that art is what you see in something...this swap is about making contact with the rest of the world. Times are hard, life is rough and we all need to smile are you willing to share?"


As with most things I start creating, they never completely end up looking exactly like what I picture in my head.  Having said that, I was really pleased with the outcome of this canvas, which was sent to Germany.  I am happy to report that my swap partner was very happy with her gift as well!


Just thought I would also mention that it only took 1 week to reach Germany while I have sent things from Queensland to Western Australia and it has taken longer.  What's up with that?!?!?!?


Please be sure to check out Linda's blog, http://atclindab.blogspot.com/.


She is constantly producing the most amazing art work.  She is definately one of my creative inspirations!


001



003


Till next time, keep creating!


Sue


 





No comments:

Post a Comment