Monday, October 3, 2011

Just what I needed..........

I have just had THE best weekend away in Brisbane.  Stayed with one of my besties at her place.  We were celebrating her husbands 50th Birthday on Saturday night and it was just so relaxing, being at their place and catching up. They have this amazing back yard that they have just finished, complete with pool/spa. Beautiful!!!!  ..........and no, I didn't don a swimsuit.  I wouldn't subject anyone to that!  Matt, my youngest, spent quite some time in there though and enjoyed every minute of it.

It's upsetting sometimes how time can get away from us, and so quickly.  Claire and I worked out that the last time we saw each other was in August 2010. Unbelievable!  It definately won't be that long next time.

I love though, how we can just pick up as though we saw each other yesterday.  Yes, we do talk on the phone but it's just not the same as being able to catch up in person.

We went down to the Wynnum area Sunday morning and went for a short walk.  It was such a stunning day.  I don't think we drew breath, we were talking so much.

003
005

We also went to the Wynnum markets while we were there and I managed to find some beautiful laces and doilies for some new creations that I have in my head, just waiting to come to fruition!

011

I even picked up 3 metres of some gorgeous white Guipure lace for $3.  I have seen a similar lace in retail stores for $12 per metre.  Woo hoo! What a find.


Well I'm off to play with my beautiful lacey finds and see what creations I can come up with.

Till next time, keep creating.

SUE

No comments:

Post a Comment