Sunday, October 2, 2011

Compassionate Friends............Please help if you can!

A cyber friend of mine has an amazing mum who volunteers for The Compassionate Friends  and one of her jobs is to send anniversary cards out to bereaved parents and families.

If any of my arty/crafty friends out there like to make cards, and you are able to help this wonderful cause, I know it would be appreciated.

The address for the drop in centre is on their website, and if you send them c/o Lyn Macklin they would definitely be put to good use.

When the people who have lost a child receive a card to let them know that they are in the thoughts and prayers of someone on the anniversary of their child's death they are oh so appreciative.

I have made up some cards to send to Lyn as when I read Petrina's Blog http://scrap-petrina-just-scrap.blogspot.com/ it really touched me.  I can't even imagine having to go through losing a child, so for these families that have been through this, to receive an anniversary card and know that that child and all of them and theirs are in someone elses thoughts and prayers, must be a comforting feeling for them.

014


I hope you can help out this wonderful cause.

Till next time,

SUE

No comments:

Post a Comment